Each of our pupils is unique…
Therefore, we aim to build a personalised offer of learning and support around all pupils. Before pupils begin a full time education at the Centre we have a comprehensive induction programme which includes academic and attitudinal assessments. This helps us to build up a clear picture of our pupils needs and teachers plan accordingly.
Pupil progress is reviewed every six weeks by the Head Teacher, pupil, parent/carer, and mainstream school and partner agencies (if applicable). We can also offer any specific additional support such as mentoring, literacy or therapeutic services. Every six weeks the pupils review their personal target with subject staff and set a new ‘Go for It’ target in every subject.
Pupils well being is also assessed every six weeks and intervention strategies indentified if appropriate. Parents receive a full written progress report every six weeks.
Formal Referral Process
- Conversation with head teacher or member of SLT
- Referral form completed by mainstream school/CAMHS/EWO etc (not parents)
- Referral form submitted with medical evidence
- Pupil and parents invited to meet with head teacher and/or nominated SLT member.
- Shepwell completed the Pupil Profile paperwork
- Headteacher will review referral and arrange a meeting with mainstream school (if required)
- Pupil invited to attend 2 or 3 half day induction sessions 9.00am-12.00pm (baseline assessments)
- When all data is received and Service Level Agreement returned the placement will commence for a full time two week period. Part time place will be offered in exceptional circumstances only (with suitable medical evidence – not GP letter).
- Two week review to discuss next steps.
- If the probation period is successful the placement will be reviewed every 6 weeks.
- After a period of time the pupil will be reintegrated back into mainstream school if appropriate
You will be given an ‘admissions pack’ by the Head teacher or the member of SLT that has been with you during your meeting. This pack includes:
- The Head Teachers Welcome
- Admissions paperwork to be completed
- Parental agreement to be signed
- Parent Consent to be completed
- Individual Health Care Plan, to be filled in if applicable
- Uniform Policy to be signed
- Home/School agreement
- Mobile phone policy
- ParentPay letter
If you need a copy of the admissions pack please download it here admissions pack. If you need a new paper copy please request this at reception.
As part of our admissions pack the following school policies are relevant: