The Shepwell Short Stay School and Home and Hospital Tuition Service also provides OUTREACH support for KS3/4 pupils attending Walsall mainstream schools. We provide specialist care for young people experiencing levels of anxiety, autism or social vulnerability. Working alongside and within mainstream schools across Walsall, we have skilled staff with excellent knowledge and expertise who provide a personalised programme to assist individuals to overcome some of the challenges they face on a daily basis, in their learning environment and at home. Our ultimate aim is to build healthy and happy young people.
Outreach staff support a range of pupils
- Social Isolation
- Anger Management
- Group work
– Social Skills
– Anger Management
- 1:1 work – Individualised programmes
Most programmes last between 6-12 weeks but are under constant review.
- Support and strategy development
- Motivation and empowerment
- Improvement of confidence, self-esteem and resilience
- Awareness of the pupil’s specific needs
- Improved attendance
- Effective strategies given and used to support pupils
- Improved academic performance and attitude