With effect from 1st September 2016
Formal Referral Process
- Conversation with head teacher or member of SLT
- Referral form completed by mainstream school/CAMHS/EWO etc (not parents)
- Referral form submitted with medical evidence
- Pupil and parents invited to meet with head teacher and/or nominated SLT member.
- Shepwell completed the Pupil Profile paperwork
- Headteacher will review referral and arrange a meeting with mainstream school (if required)
- Pupil invited to attend 2 or 3 half day induction sessions 9.00am-12.00pm (baseline assessments)
- When all data is received and Service Level Agreement returned the placement will commence for a full time two week period. Part time place will be offered in exceptional circumstances only (with suitable medical evidence – not GP letter).
- Two week review to discuss next steps.
- If the probation period is successful the placement will be reviewed every 6 weeks.
- After a period of time the pupil will be reintegrated back into mainstream school if appropriate.